Goal (2005)


Many sports movies which I have seen right from Rocky to Bend it like Beckham ,There has been some sort of stereo typing and scheming in all the movies. We have to agree that. Hero always wins in the final and This movie is no exception . You always feel good after watching those kinds of movies ,I love this Probably because of the Game!!!Football .Its really magic and astounding to see the real English stadium pitch and tone.

This movie is all about how a Mexican born American Guy who loves football enters in to English Club Newcastle united, proves his skill and Becomes over night star.
Santiago Munez (Kuno Becker).When you watch this movie you will love this guy and his name .So do the cast in the movie.Real Spaniard with square jaws and boyish look Santiago Munez is awesome in this character.
I had bought Goal I and Goal II from my DVD shop and I started watching this movie at 11.30 pm of Saturday .It was about 1.45 when I completed the first part I was not able to control myself to watch the second part, and I decided to watch the Sequel continuously which ended at 4 am in the morning. When you watch this I recommend you to watch with a Original DVD which will make you feel the glamorous and stylish life of Club players and of course the brand Adidas.You will not miss the way how the brands like adidas use movies to promote their brands. Simply business.
.I have read many critics about this movie that this is not a great movie to be rated so high. But I believe with the pace of the screen play though its so manipulative through out I can recommend this movie with thumbs up.
I believe the Gavin Harris (Played by Alessandro Nivalo) whips the show from Santiago in the second half playing a rich Multi millionaire party animal who is signed by NCU for a soaring contract .One thing in this movie is I dont understand how the director justifies Santiagos tenure in English club when Work permit for Ronaldinho and Nary Castillo were rejected to play for English club since they were non EU players.
Every one in life can not get a Guy like Glenn Foy (Stephen Dillane)who fights for Santiago Munez.That character in the movie is well described and he looks a veteran football player.

This movie was made in association with FIFA so you get to see high profile players like Beckham,Raul,Zidane,Allen Shearer in the movie so casually moving with Santiago.
As usual you have a plot of romance which does not impress so much with it. I liked the movie of two reasons firstly football and big brands goes well and the Director has used it well.Second we always like a self-effacing guy who rises to sky with real skill some rousing stuff .

I differ with the common review given for this movie,its not a greatest sports movie but still this movie deserves a applaud for the spirit it has in its plot.

I will have to write Goal II after a week.

Comments

Sabhari Nath said…
Great movie! One of those least expected movies, but had a great story to tell.

Good coverage about the movie, I am expecting the Goal II blog.
Karthik said…
i am writing it ...i did not wanted it to be a back to back review thats why..i will write it soon

Popular posts from this blog

5 Forgotten Tamil movies (70's 80's 90's) to watch during this lock down available in Youtube

Silambattam (2008)

Anantha Thandavam -The original Pirivom Sandhippom