Paruthiveeran why is it celeberated ?- Not a review


I was wondering before the release of Paruthiveeran how is this movie going to be..When I saw the trailer I didn't like the way Surya publicising the movie .Karthik -Surya's brother was not at all impressive to me.I liked Mounam pesiyathe movie very much for the character of Gautham(Surya).Most guys would pretend to be like that Gautham.Ameer had handled both Gautham and Kannan (Nandha) characters very well.I was surprised why did he sign Karthik and Priyamani.I never realised that its going to be such a meticulous presentation.But when I saw the movie,I was taken back .This movie was completely different.It is a definite imprint in Tamil cinema in many ways.This is one legendary example to show Director is the boss of any movie.


Paruthiveeran's success is not because of screenplay but because of the mood of the movie.Today when I was travelling for a Sales meeting I went across the Posters showing 155 days .There is no Cell phones ,TV,Cars in the movie (TV is shown in one scene in Ponvannan's argument with Priyamani).This is not a period film.Its from the present day but Director had immense skills to justify this is going to work with out the usual commercial elements.Climax scene is much argued .I can sense the crew would have argued much on this .But this is the end which should be.There is still the climax which makes me unpleasant when I think of Paruthiveeran.Thats the reward for Paruthiveeran.Directors attempt is not to make Paruthiveeran a heartthrob or like Munnabhai whom every body likes.Ameer is sure Paruthiveeran is bad and when he turns towards light he is punished for his past.That's the drive for the climax scene.How do you Justify for Priyamani in the scene? Loss is material to/through whomsoever it comes.For you or your loved ones!All along the movie we watch enjoying the notorious Paruthiveeran but ending should be this harsh? .My thought shows he is absolutely right !He repents for his action.That's the pain in the character at the end.I am totally convinced with the climax scene.Its vulgar and unpleasant but thats the way the character is he is gusty,wreck less and unlovable.But sad thing pain for him is through collapsing Muthazhgu (Priyamani).Through out the movie we are seeing Priyamani as a character with wild love and courage to oppose her father ,But at the climax she is laid ruined for the activities of her love.Ammer is sure in the league of legendary directors after this movie.I am sure Ameer's toughest task comes now to handle after this.Ameer should have taken breath taking efforts to convince Karthik for this role.This is the most rock solid rough debut Tamil cinema has ever seen.


Paruthiveeran deserves this celebration and indeed this is one of the Top movies made in Indian Motion pictures.

Comments

Jayanthi said…
humm.. i like ur criticism..

it contains both positive and negative..

i need not comment abt paruthiveeran. cuz, ev1 knows abt it.. its a wonderful movie..

ur lollus to ootify abt the movie is good.... konjam comedy include panna nalla irukkum..

:):)
Anonymous said…
Dude, try to rate every movie. Like 1 to 10 or something... I will be good for lazy folks like me...

Popular posts from this blog

5 Forgotten Tamil movies (70's 80's 90's) to watch during this lock down available in Youtube

Silambattam (2008)

Anantha Thandavam -The original Pirivom Sandhippom