Ram Gopal Varma Ki Aag (2007)


I should have spent this Saturday evening by taking a nap ,But after repeated warning from my friends I opted to go for Ramgopal Varma Ki Aag the unofficial Sholay remake.Sailing across the city traffic and when I reached the movie had just began ,I was cursing myself “Oops I missed the first scene”.What I have gained by watching this movie is a severe head ache.I am not Kidding it’s the fact and I feel every body would have got the same who had watched it.
Right from the start the movie looks horrible and it took me for a dreadful ride which made me to feel for decision.Sholay released in 1975 is the benchmark,for Indian film Industry.It laid the formula of Powerful Villain,Friendly heroes,Item number songs to Indian films.It’s such a gem of a creation which even Ramesh sippy can not make of it again.Some of the reasons which I would say for its valueless fame is the Dialogues of Salim –Akthar,Music of RD Burman,Hema Malini Dharmendra love sequences and above all Gabbar Singh –Amjad ali khan.
I was moved seeing him on screen when I watched Sholay in Doordharshan for August 15th ten years ago.Time less onliners like “Kitne admi they?”,Basanti tera naam kya? “Tera kya hogaya Kaliya ? made the experience of watching Sholay a pleasant and amazing feel .I never wanted to make a comparisionof Aag with the legendary creation.Even the comparision would create a mockery on the fame it had gained.
Ramgopal varma “I don’t know what he is up to .He had never impressed me with his direction .I still will argue he had been raised to a fame which he does not deserve at all. With Aag many would agree.
The movie looks horrible from the scene one.Hero (Ajay Devgan ) ,Raj (Prahant Raj) friendship looks so funny and the Gongru (Nisha Kothari ) looks atrocious for the role .She doesn’t perform even a bit of basic acting and looks a dumb .My god I cant even think her character is inspired from Basanti (Hemamalini).Every time I see her on the screen I really was cursing my decision for opting this movie.I couldn’t understand how she had fit the role for this movie being so absurd in acting .Mohan lal as Narasimha in the shoes of Sanjeev Kumar .Mohan Lal is a legendary actor and he looks helpless for participating in the team.I cant describe the each and every scorn cast Ram Gopal varma had created because I am yet to describe the most horrifying cast “Amithabh Bachan as Babban singh

Amitabh should have ambitiously taken the role of Babban singh ,But he had no clue what he is portraying.He never thought even a single moment that he is portraying the biggest and the powerful villain , Indian film industry have ever seen.RGV and AB made a scorn ful pair to spoil the movie which even do not deserve any thing but a big zero.I am sure the pair would have worked on the character taking Gabbar singh in mind.But the hell of portrayal director was not sure whether he is portraying a Don or a Psycho or a Villain or a Comedian .Amithabh should seriously review his acting rolls.Every fortnight his movie releases and I am sure his fans would be fed by it.
Music was one biggest reason of my head ache, I think some of the low level Djs even make a better remix for the time less song Mehabooba.It looks painful for the song which is still a historic and masterpiece for Music and Dance.
Sholay is still the movie which is loved by present and past generation and to make a movie of such caliber not only needs experience but love for the same movie. I doubt Ramgopal varma had it .It is his worst of the pits he had made which could tell his history for next generation as the maker of one of the worst films .Ramgopal varma .The movie lacks every thing and it’s a crime now after the reviewing the quality of movie of his decision over remaking the timeless history.

I can not give even a single rating for the horrible movie made in the recent past.So its a big negative Zero . Its worth claiming back the medical expenses for head ache if you had watched it. I recommend not to watch even the TV clippings of Ram Gopal Varma Ki Aag.It doesn’t deserve even that.

Comments

Pilani Pictures said…
Adappaavi..is it so bad!!! I thot of watching it...
Karthik said…
I swear u will feel sick after watching it....One of the worst movies in the recent past

Popular posts from this blog

5 Forgotten Tamil movies (70's 80's 90's) to watch during this lock down available in Youtube

Silambattam (2008)

Anantha Thandavam -The original Pirivom Sandhippom