Om shanti Om (2007)


I don’t understand still two things 1.Why do Hindi Films are celeberated as the Brand Indian Cinema 2.Why do Hindi film makers make fun of Tamil cinema .Let me sound so simple this is not for taking the Hindi movies for Criticism ,I really like watching Hindi films but Tamil films in a categorical way is much superior in the recent past.I don’t have to mention the names,I do accept the industry of south is sticking to a formulae which is irritating but still there are movies which adds up the equity of the industry.Hindi films can not be compared with Tamil films ;Hindi movie makers are good marketers whereas Tamil movie makers are good creators so there should be a obvious outlook of different prespective.The above is a opinion about a particular scene in Om shanti Om where Sharukh Khan plays as a Tamil actor (In one shot)

Lets come to the movie .How could I stop going to movie when I heard good reviews about the movie all around.I am was deceived once again.Sharukh Khan and Farah Kahn friend ship has troubled me for selecting to watch it.Om shanti Om is about Om(Sharukh Khan) a Junior artist in 1970 and Shanti(Deepika Padukone) who is a leading actress of 70’s.He is mad about her and she is mad about Mukesh Mehra(Arjun Rampal) ace producer.Mukesh murders Shanti and Om also gets killed on the same incident,On the same time a child is born in the face of Om and with the same soul.Should I have to continue still.Villain ,Superhero,Ghost all in one pack .

I don’t remember when I last watched a multistarrer idiotic and super cranky movie in the recent past.I know movie is already a big hit and I am still wondering whats there to be in such a hype for the movie.Technically I don’t have no apprehension about it as its bunch of experts on the respective field.But the whole problem lies with the director who has epitomized as a great movie (Interviews in CNN,NDTV ).Farah kahn ‘s Main Hoon Na was a horrible movie and I feel she has a strong belief in revenge and that is so evident in so called OSO.

This movie would have been a superflop if it was with out two reasons.1.Sharukh Khan carries this movie from the scene one ,the way he has characterized this role is amazing be it Humour,Romance .He tries to entertain along with S.Talpate and Kiran kher to an extent.Some scenes are lovely which is being shot in 1970 carrying out the body language of 70’s film life2.Deepika Padukone .Amazingly refreshing for the character and she has is stunning in the movie and but for these two the movie would have been a super flop of our decade.Oridnary songs ,Choreography (Even directed by Farah Khan ),Irritating comedies (The comedies in 70’s were justifiable with the time factor) I don’t find a laid down reason for it being a movie even.

I am not against the Ghost factor but what is the justification to drive a time less relation I don’t understand.Love is what director has claimed in the movie but the whole relation looks so foolhardy .I have enjoyed logic less movie but it takes immense talent to make a entertaining movie with out logic.I am sure Farah Khan can not be with that.I don’t consider her as a director.The Movie starts of its own takes some twists ,some sadness in the middle and assembles everybody and then ends in a happy note.What is the role of the director ?

I was not able to stop praying for Deepika’s re-entry after first half and no wonder why the Indian captain was stumped by her magical smile .Let me end this .I am totally out for a pathetic drive when watching this movie.I would be very sorry for some one who watches OSO afer hearing a great reviews all around.Dont expect any thing ,Watch this movie for knowing how a bad director handles Mega stars.
Rating :4/10

Comments

G U R U said…
This film is not even worth a review :)
Karthik said…
@ Guru
well said

@ Drama Diva
Yeah note Gurus comment also..I still can not understand why this movie was celeberated so much

Popular posts from this blog

5 Forgotten Tamil movies (70's 80's 90's) to watch during this lock down available in Youtube

Silambattam (2008)

Anantha Thandavam -The original Pirivom Sandhippom