Will New Billa keep up the Hype?


Remade /Reloaded/Revamped/Refreshed Billa releases on this friday.I can not keep my opinion open.I have seen Ajith spoiling my mood in Citizen .This time I pray "Not Again"

Which is the most stylish movie ever made in Tamil movie ,can we list a few.Kuruthipunal,Kakha Kakha ,Vetayadu Vilayadu,Thiruda Thiruda ,Minsara Kanavu we have very few in the list.What does stylish movie mean for us.High branded costumes ,Leather Jackets for sure ,High profile cars,Camera in Blue lights ,Bank robbery ,Investigation through Laptop entries and of course Hero in all black gelled hairstyle.

My friends and some of my colleagues were praising high about New Billa .They are confident that its going to be the stylish movie of Tamil cinema.They were not bothered about how the movie is going to pay the honour to the classic Billa by Rajini Kanth.In fact when I was watching a movie last week in a Cinema Hall in chennai I happened to see the trailer of Billa .The crowd was yelling ,screaming and it was electric which was so different for me .Because I had not heard that much Decibel of sound for a movie for any star other than Rajini Kanth.Ajith can claim he had proved some thing in this cinema industry for this opening.

In fact I was not much impressed by the interview he made it to Kalaingar T.V .He endorsed a defensive answer for even a simple question.I was surprised why a star of such an image had to repeatedly reinforce that he had survived and had come from a major setback .

It was not at all needed before his big release.I expected a ratification from Ajith about the quality of the movie of what Billa is going to be.What ever now I have started expecting Billa for Ajith and the promise the stills have thrown on us.Hindi Version Don remake gave a different experience ,It was stylish ,thrilling and it was glamorous but the power of the Don was missing badly.May be SRK was not able to live AB ,Or the climax of Boman Irani twist was unacceptable for classic lovers.Here in Billa we have many promising cast Prabu ,Raguman,Nayanthara .I hope it should live up to expectations.If I think back of Original Billa the first thing which comes in to my mind is the Black dotted Jacket Rajini wears.New Billa carries completely Gucci and D&G Jackets.Can Ajith bring the charisma that Rajini brought to Billa .I am not expecting too much but I hope New Billa not be a Fashion parade alone.

Link to image gallery :http://www.behindwoods.com/image-gallery-stills/photos-4/billa-04/billa-09.html



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

5 Forgotten Tamil movies (70's 80's 90's) to watch during this lock down available in Youtube

Silambattam (2008)

Anantha Thandavam -The original Pirivom Sandhippom