Severance (2006)


After nearly one and a half month I switched on my DVD player with some joy to watch a horror movie.I chose Severance which I had rented nearly six months back and never watched it and so with eagerness I opted it again .This movie is a no exception to what a horror movie could be.A team from a American company travels inside woods of America for team building exercise in a Bus.They experience obstacles while traveling .Richard (Tim Mcinnernhy ) leads the team to a old mansion which the whole team except Richard is uncomfortable with.The story continues with so called horror with the feel that the team is being watched and followed by some one.The end is manipulative when one by one dies .It was a group of Russian community who kills the teams and two among the Americans escape obviously it had to be a Guy and a Gal .No guessing through out its predictable ,its Maggie (Laura Harris ) and Steve (Danny Dyer ) .

With this movie I experienced how a comedy plunged in to a horror movie can be disastrous and also at times agreeable .Writer James Moron I guess was not in a mood to present a full fledged horror as it never horrified a bit and the sad part was it wasn’t funny either .Through out the movie I was sitting dumb not showing any reaction but frankly I didn’t have any mood for skipping it either.It might be like I was some thing great would happen to make me enjoy.First scene of the movie hinted it to be comedy flick but the consequent scene showed it was a ordinary horror movie.But I was repeatedly baffled by the poor comedy scenes and chases.

Toby Stephens’s character could have been elevated better as his character gets shaved off early as his head .I am not a great fan of British comedy flicks ,I had to make my ears clear in suspicion that I am missing any humour dialogues.The dialogues were pretty average.The swift to horror to comedy and then to horror didn’t work out for me as it completely out casted the whole movie in my mind frame .It was also not worth it to watch it with such a swifts for every fifteen minutes.It wasn’t funny watching a guys limb being trapped in a clasp or misfiring of a gun when you are running for life .On the other view it didn’t horrify me also.One more reactionless movie with my viewing experience.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

5 Forgotten Tamil movies (70's 80's 90's) to watch during this lock down available in Youtube

Silambattam (2008)

Anantha Thandavam -The original Pirivom Sandhippom