Race (2008)



I am going to be back where I belong ,Yeah with the month long of drill and training I am leaving to Chennai on Thursday.Last day of the the whole training ,We decided to watch the movie Race.Let me say you ,I have seen one of the sick movies in my recent past yesterday.Race publicised and hyped so much for its star cast and making ,gave me a big head ache the whole night.

Race directed by the duo Abbas Mustan starring a big starcast Anil Kapoor,Saif Ali Khan ,Akshaye Khanna ,Bipasha Basu ,Katrina and who else you want.This time Bobby Deol missed the party I believe.Ranvir (Saif Ali Khan)and his brother Rajeev ( Akshaye Khanna) with business as betting on Horse racing lives in South Africa together.Ranvir falls in love with Sonia ( Bipasha Basu ) but for his brother he sacrifices her to him.Later it’s a game played by Rajeev to abduct the property and insurance claim.Rajeev and Sonia decide to Kill Ranvir.The story takes twists and turns,hair pin bends,S bends what not.But nothing worth it .The movie ends up as usual as Good one lives.Don't ask me who is that.

I don’t know how Abbas Mustan would have told this story to the producers,Its such a misaligned plot which do not have any thing to show .Its not that if you make twists and car chases you can make a racy thriller.The director has no clue where to give twists,its all over and till the end.And I tell you it does not deserve any mention about the things which happen on the story as its completely not worth it.The movie has got a unwanted scenes which reminds me off the usual Abbas Mustan Movie.

One actor who looks good is Saif Ali Khan,His beard and costumes definitely makes a statement out in the screen,But what far ? Akshaye Khanna as his role in Humraaz.Bipasha ,Katrina ,Sameera has nothing to offer but to provide endorsement of their brands they wear.Why is Anil Kapoor here.Why was his character included a Investigating officer.The movie could have taken off if the character was left off and Saif Ali Khan doing the investigation part hiding himself.

This is one more example of a movie which shows miniskirts and BMWs will not entertain the viewers.There was a song similar to the Dhoom variety,I doubt whether they wanted to make a movie like Dhoom but Race sucks .Its such a worth less movie for which I paid Rs.200 to watch it.Some times after these kind of movies I feel I should refine my selection !

Rating 2.5/10

Comments

Anonymous said…
aiyo.. some of the guys at my workplace saw it and they say it is awesome.. so was that a trap to make me watch and go thru the same pain they went thru?
any ways thank you for the warning... gud gud.. welkum back to chennai
Anonymous said…
aiyo.. some of the guys at my workplace saw it and they say it is awesome.. so was that a trap to make me watch and go thru the same pain they went thru?
any ways thank you for the warning... gud gud.. welkum back to chennai
Karthik said…
yes...Even many of the papers say its a good entertainer.Its a sick movie
Anonymous said…
I have never been a great fan of this DHOOM-school of movies. Sure 'RACE' must be one among them. Generally I tend to avoid them upfront unless the reviews are very promising. These movies tend to take out the energy in you.

Anyways, hope you had a 'good' time :-) And welcome back to Chennai.
Karthik said…
@ Kishore ! Welcome sir...Its nice seeing u here.Atlast.Dhoom is a good typiical masala movie ,some how i liked for the style.But race is fake and dumb ,sick

Yeah I am backto where I belong.Konjam ulukku ,sullukku ellam eduthuttanga,I should have stayed with Gmmco selling UPS to U.Enna solreenga
G U R U said…
So, rediff was right with it's review (I never go by rediff's review, for I feel it is biased)!

I'll better race away from this!..thanks man!
Karthik said…
Guru,u can very well skip this movie!!!!

Popular posts from this blog

5 Forgotten Tamil movies (70's 80's 90's) to watch during this lock down available in Youtube

Silambattam (2008)

Anantha Thandavam -The original Pirivom Sandhippom