Why I feel bad when I watch Lakshya




When I was deeply down with love sick I was shown this movie by one of my friend.I wont say it brought me a change in me.But still it affected me a lot .But then when time passed away this movie was repeatedly watched by me for many reasons.One for feel good factor ,two for its class and three for the theme.

Farhan Akthar directed this movie after Dil Chahta hai .DCH was fresh ,youthful,humorous and romantic .Lakshya was youthful ,romantic but this movie showed lots of promise from the young director.The story is about Karan Shekhar ( Hrithik roshan ) who transforms from a lazy young lad to a responsible patriotic army officer .The determination and his goal which he discovers in him after his childhood love Roami dutta ( Prety Zinta) makes him as such.The tag line goes like this” It took him 24 years and 18000 feet to find himself”

Man to watch in this movie is obviously Hrithik Roshan .I would barely say I became his fan after this movie.His movies has the depth and this is one such movie .May it Mission Kashmir ,Jodha Akbar,Koi Milgaya he has been outstanding.Here he had given a performance which is worth to watch this movie again and again repeatedly.Every scene right from the lazy lad to the climax his modulations were stunning .

Javed Akthar is a legendary writer and he has penned some great lines for Hindi cinema.This movie is no exception.There is a scene when Hrithik calls Preity to say that he has become an army officer the conversation goes like this.
H:Hello
P: Karan
H: No ,Lieutenant Karan Shekar,I just called to say this
P : Congratulations, BTW I have become a reporter in Global news
H: Congratulations
P: When are u coming back to Delhi
H: Delhi why?
P: Probably we should meet!!!Dont we ?
H : You have made all decisions and now whether to meet you or not I will make the decision
He keeps the phone.
(You can find the video of the particular scene is in the right side top of this content )

The purity of his dialogues makes it more powerful when viewed in the screen.Probably it may not draw the power when written like this.

The movie had the perfect stage set for Farhan to exhibit his talent and he did it in style.May it the climax of conquering the hill or the romance or Amitabh’s words in welcoming Hrithik Roshan.The scenes between Hrithik and his father would sweep any body's emotions for a while its been beautifully shot and performed.When I watched this movie for the first time I felt the same as in the movie that I don’t have that thing in my life “ the word is Lakshya “ Yeah the movie had made me feel so bad that every time I watch this movie I feel I haven’t still discovered whats going to be my Lakshya .

Lakshya is a movie which speaks for yourself ,It never speaks for the Hero but it shoots out the conscious in a deliberately transparent manner which makes you think.There is nothing cinematic in this but if you look back on the crux of the movie and relate with yourself(Not all ) you will find the same.We don’t have that thing in our life and the word is Lakshya.Great movie.

Comments

Agnila said…
Completely agree with what u said about the movie.An excellent movie witw a stunning performance by Duggu.
Sivaram said…
These days i really enjoy reading your reviews ... Hard hitting reviews
Karthik said…
So nice of u da...thanks a lot

Popular posts from this blog

5 Forgotten Tamil movies (70's 80's 90's) to watch during this lock down available in Youtube

Silambattam (2008)

Anantha Thandavam -The original Pirivom Sandhippom