On the night of Oscars!!!



Am I getting too reactive about it ,I don’t know.I may be.From “Sottu Nilam Doi “ to BAFTA and then to OSCARS.Criticise or argue,Oscars are recognition at the highest level with respect to Marketing and Publicity.Redcarpet for the Man we loved for years from Roja.Movies got grand opening because of this man.Movies ran packed houses for his Music.

You don’t have to sit and compare his music with yesteryear's Maestro music ,We need to accept his music soothes and makes us happy and young.I don’t know western Music to argue about on a comparative factor.For some days my IPOD plays MasaKali and Jaiho repeatedly.Slumdog may be a movie with extraordinary recognition but his Music is definitely not ordinary in Slumdog.

My friend was saying “ You guys ( Tamil ) have already lost him ,Now Bollywood also will loose because of this movie “ True it is.Rahman after this will be for the international.As a average music lover,I wish him the luck and wishes for the night to get coveted Oscar.Dont ask me why we are so excited to get the award of American Movies.I had set the alarm for 06.30 am to hear the acceptance speech from him .

Comments

Nithy said…
Being an Indian - It is indeed a gr8 feeling. His humbleness and down to earth attitude surprises all of us many times.

The great thing is he is also giving back his contributions to the society / world of music in terms of the initiatives like - the KM Conservatory of Music which is to be appreciated
Nithy said…
Being an Indian - Its a great..great.. feeling to see ARR win the Oscars. His humbleness and down to earth attitude surprises all of us many times
The best thing is He also gives back a lot to the society / the world of music - in terms of initiatives like KM Conservatory of Music which is to be appreciated
Sabhari Nath said…
Karthik, my apologies for using your comments section for my story, but....

Got up at 06:30 (after sleeping at 03:00 am) only to see that Star channels were blocked on Hathway. Called the cable-wala at 06:45 (he was really puzzled as to why a call at such early hours), and he asks me "enna sir, edhavadhu cricket match-a". I said "Oscar award ceremony", and I could visualize his irritated facial expressions. After a 5 minute anxiety, I had not missed much, was able to see it from Supporting Actress award.

Resul got the award and it was definitely a happy moment (and his acceptance speech too was really good), but when AR's name was announced for the first award, I started clapping involuntarily. Was really happy to see this recognition on a world stage. Icing in the cake was to hear some Tamil words at the Kodak theatre.
Karthik said…
Yeah nithya ...certainly he deserves....:))
Karthik said…
Sabari,

The same problem occured for me with Hathway,I was able to see only from Rasool's award...I didnt call though ..because i had a bitter experience with that guy when i called once in the morning...some how when i was looking at rahman i could remember how this man had grown and now at oscars and people are yelling Jai ho....Kudos man..I was bit emotional when he said " ella pugazhum eraivanukkey " i dont know when the kodak theatre will hear tamil words again...but it was really emotional..

Popular posts from this blog

5 Forgotten Tamil movies (70's 80's 90's) to watch during this lock down available in Youtube

Silambattam (2008)

Anantha Thandavam -The original Pirivom Sandhippom