The Notebook(2004)

This is my second romantic movie review of the week after before sunset.It was so compelling for me to go on for it .When I was half way through the movie I thought I was deceived by the DVD cover. I am forced to mention this at this instant. Once when I met Madhan (Hai Madhan Fame ) in Devi Theater for movie Koodal nagar I asked him in the interval “How is the movie” He answered “I cant comment till I completely see this film”I just reminded of that when I was watching “The notebook”.Its always a crime to have preconceived notions about any movie before completing it.With Note book it happened for me .The movie started of great and it faded away in between but it built again and lost it again.
You are taken for a good love story through out the movie there is no denial on it .If you just ask me so barely these kind of romantic movies are common considering the first half.But the second part had some thing to touch your senses in a sensational manner.Not so often in a romantic movie a Guy keeps quiet about his fate and a Girl brawl over her destiny. It happens with Noah (Ryan Gosling) and Allie (Rachel Macadams) .Movie starts in Old Noah beginning to read a story from a notebook to Allie who is suffering from Alzheimer.It all jumps to past with Noah proposing to Allie in a Giant Wheel !.Truly one of the different and comical expression of love onscreen.
But how long you can maintain the happiness of love ,It’s the same love of a Rich girl and a downtown guy.It can be stereotyping only .Every body knows what the power of love can do onscreen it can win any thing.Strictly onscreen.I was not able to avoid manipulating the whole thing.But the moment it takes a turn after the first half I was able to see some powerful scenes across the two characters.This movies laurels are fully to be owned by the charismatic performance of Rachel MacAdams.I was able to see the pain and distress in her performance.Scenes involving old Noah(James Garner) and Noah did not fascinate me at any sense.Even the climax which had some thing to say did not impress me at a single bit.

I am surprised to see why the intensity of romance was just made as obsession in the initial stage. That made the whole drive uncompelling.Accepted the compelling part of emotions becomes manipulative but with a knot on the romance there had to be emotions with a spontaneous outlook .The partition of both young lovers was so passive which spoiled the whole density of the love they had built. I didn’t see the love of them valid for the drag they had till the end.
Its infact tough to write about a movie which had the same characters through out but with varying level of performances. On the whole the movie missed the velocity with which it started . Good, Ordinary,Powerful,Okay.Some of the pages of the movie notebook have crossed the expiry period. It did not take me for a fascinating package. In the while you come across I was impressed by some powerful scenes which I had mentioned comes when the less spoken unshaven Ryan Gosling appears with some sort of quench and prolonging the stint of Rachel with him. The chemistry with Allie and Noah works very well when they are matured than they were young which was supposed to be good both the occasions.
The consistent among all was the camera(Rober Fraisse) and it was shear piece characteristic and example for a romantic genre.
On the whole it’s a good movie but isn’t an out of this world romantic movie. This is in any body life and any body's diary. Notebook is usual personal record for any the persons who had smelt the fragrance of romance.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

5 Forgotten Tamil movies (70's 80's 90's) to watch during this lock down available in Youtube

Silambattam (2008)

Anantha Thandavam -The original Pirivom Sandhippom