Taxi Driver(1976)


It’s really paranoid to be lonely. You become insane and unconventional. Its so obvious participating in any sort of human relationship makes a man occupied .Than happiness it’s the occupancy factor makes every man urge for human relationship. Because loneliness makes really a man search for every thing.When I went to Bangalore the first month I was lonely in the whole big city which had every thing to be happy.I was so furious and I was so anxious why the hell no body is there to look at me .

That was some hardest month of my life ,In tangible I had to call some body to speak through phone. Life was not the usual when I entered the partying city.The thing I analysed was ,I was so normal in the city .I was performing only the duties of life which made go unnoticed. but if I go for an analysis that was the period which made me to know who I am .It all were set right when I moved to my friends place to stay.

Travis(Robert de Niero) is a guy who drives cab in the night suffers from insomnia who feel so lonely in the whole city of New Jersey.But the loneliness just eats him away slowly to become insane. Travis has nothing to comment and nothing to enjoy.Because he doesn’t participate in any of the social ceremony or relationship.How can you move a movie with such a character .His frustrated life takes a decisive act when he meets to Female Betsy and Iris ,Travis goes out with Betsy(Cybill Shepard)for a date.But he collapses the date by taking her for a prono movie.Travis mounts his insanity through loneliness.

I was not able to conclude or define his actions through his behaviour.It takes a different opinion from different point of view of the character.When he meets Iris(Judie foster) I was able to make out his intentions to a part ,but the climax left me to feel again the same as before.My view of the climax when Travis drives away is he returns to his insomniac solitude which never ends in him.I can not have a concrete conclusion of the climax but it left me think back each and every actions of Travis.But one thing for sure in the climax we are no longer looking from Travis cab instead we are given to look at different hypothetical opinions which take a shape.If I follow the action of Travis in the end I could land up in a much more exaggerated or complicated conclusion,Which I didn’t let it to happen ,Because thinking about the insanity and insomniac even sticks to you.

Martin Scorsese and Robert De Niero make a enduring combination.Robert de Niero as a young cab driver steals away the whole show obviously as there is nothing ahead and behind him.This movie tells nothing about life which has to be viewed on the aspect of behavioral science. Capturing New York's streets with a taste of reds and yellows that burn with an evil glow marks the scum and the filths Travis mentions. Clearly the director points frustration and the need to clean the scum and filths of the city of New york .The very same motive makes the movie and the character a timeless performance of the world cinema I would say.

When Travis attempts to transform himself into an avenger to "wash some of the real scum off the street," his killing binge follows a dreadful and inevitable logic but cant help it with a character which is framed to be with a confused state.
The visual treat of Martin Scorsese is a must watch where less of conversation and more of visual presentation to prove the characters stand on his solitude. Its is so cleaver and understandable on the daily dairy which Travis writes about his actions.It tells about the evil and angel of the character which he is engulfing in. I could really feel the words of Travis telling “I am the Gods lonely person “because more of analysis happens in you and less of outcome with others .I should thank Mathi for recommending this movie.

Comments

Sweet Nothings said…
you do watch movies with a passion!! And it reflects in your reviews!
Karthik said…
@Sweet Nothins -Thanks for ur comment...Keep visiting

Popular posts from this blog

5 Forgotten Tamil movies (70's 80's 90's) to watch during this lock down available in Youtube

Silambattam (2008)

Anantha Thandavam -The original Pirivom Sandhippom