Ratings

I had a concern about the rating I give to the movies,even some of m y friends also have.For instance My friend asked me why I gave equal weightage for Pollathavan and Kannamoochi Enada! I feel that was a mistake on my evaluation .Some movies were over valued and some are undervalued.I don’t give much importance to commercial success to the movie as it carries no sense for a viewer like me.I give due importance to substance of the movie.Oram Po for instance is rated strictly on the efforts look cool and nothing more.Same way my friend argued me that I had give underrating for OSO ,I agree it is a underrated .The movie is a piece of waste according to me .I make this valuations only on my experience with the movie taking for granted that I enjoy the movie truly and Don’t watch it with lame expressions.

Comments

Keshi said…
I think the ratings of movies is very subjective. :)

Keshi.
Karthik said…
U think so...Infact my favourite movies have all scored low..wait for Evano Oruvan ..as maddy is my favourite..I rate geting inputs from my friends also.
Ashok said…
Criticism as such is always subjective. An objective review is in my idea would say "impossible". Movies which becomes acclaimed or hit is basically that lot of subjectiveness is been addressed widely. A review will be subjective because it is an individual perspective. No one puts a stamp on something and say this is the standard. That justs denies the concept of creativity as such. Its automatic human tendency to think that "if I like, it should be good and it is the best" and when some one defends a movie for an argument than a discussion, they are arguing for them, not for the movie :-). This opinion of mine of course is subjective :-P. No offense, just a thought :-).
G U R U said…
Don't want to debate about the ratings you give, but just wanna say that "OSO" was "SO SO". That movie is not even worth a review.

Popular posts from this blog

5 Forgotten Tamil movies (70's 80's 90's) to watch during this lock down available in Youtube

Silambattam (2008)

Anantha Thandavam -The original Pirivom Sandhippom