Ninaithale Innikkum (2009)



After watchin this movie every body will understand its not easy to remake a movie .First thing is the right script and next is the right time for a remake ! Ninaithale Innikkum disappoints in both aspects.Ninaithale Innikkum remake of the Malayalam hit Classmates tries to invent scenes for Tamil and it lets class down with a poor screenplay and with a stage which doesn’t suit Tamil Cinema.

Niniathale Innikkum is about a batch of college students ,their nostalgic moments in the past and their reunion after nine years.Sakthi ( Prithiviraj)and Vasu ( Karthik)always have problem at college between them selves and Siva is their common friend.Vasu wants to break Sakthi’s love with Meera(Priyamani) by making her stand against Siva in college election.Some unpleasant things happen and students reunite for a cause after nine years.During the reunion many truth evolve and many get answers.

College politics is a culture in Kerala and it goes very much with General politics in Kerala.Here College politics is not a big factor nowadays .I felt little difficulty in understanding the real heat of the politics which the movie tries to show.First factor is that the political things were not at all shown.Movie is a let down mainly because of this very center point ,It wasn’t not able to keep up the momentum nor it was able to produce some interest to the viewers.I was watching like a baffled looking for some thing to happen for the first forty minutes .

Prithiviraj in my words is not so impressive as he doesn’t have much to do other than some stunts and some heat arguments.One guy who was very impressive was Karthik as Vasu.His theatrical skill and training makes him one amazing actor and he proves his selection of movies.I would like to see more movies from him.Priyamani irritates through her accent .

Vijay antony has to seriously look on his background music .Movie’s camera is difinetely fresh and it gives us a great treat to watch.I wouldn’t give a thumbs for any thing in this movie other than the camera .

GNR Kumaravel should have been over confident in making some original scenes in this remake.Its not a bad idea to bring a originality in remakes but you need to have the right movie for the right stage.Also it needs to skill to make some interesting and gripping screnes to make a thriller! I forgot to mention it’s a thriller and there is a suspense in the movie which wouldn’t affect you so much .
Rating : *

Comments

Sabhari Nath said…
This movie's director is a cousin of a very close friend of mine. I believe you were referring to GNR Kumaravel in the last para. As far as I knew, there were a lot of compromises in the movie due to pressure from the producer/financier. Screenplay was altered, comedy scenes were plugged in after the whole movie was completed and ready for screening, to name some.

But that is not an excuse from presenting a good movie.
Karthik said…
Yeah sabari,i gave a wrong name oops...Some times I do this..many times infact..

I can understand the pressure but as u said its not at all an excuse
Bharathy said…
Classmates is a movie I watch whenever I go nostalgic...it had captured the scenarios of 1992 in a very original way..the period of my study...lots of aspects in the movie is tied up with my exp as it had been my year of study too...the campus..the chapel..the KSU SFI strikes... whooah!!
I have a spl bond with the malayalam hit movie..
badly wanted to watch the Tamil Remade version...Sorry to hear it lacks substance!!!..better, I don't go for it...
Karthik said…
yeah bharathy,I have heard the same words from many.Infact I have got a malayali friend who is asking me to watch it.I KNOW how u are nostalgic abt ur college...
Dont watch the tamil version seriously if u still love the malayalam version
Bharathy said…
..as you say.... :)

Popular posts from this blog

5 Forgotten Tamil movies (70's 80's 90's) to watch during this lock down available in Youtube

Silambattam (2008)

Anantha Thandavam -The original Pirivom Sandhippom