The Curious Case of Benjamin Button (2008)





For quiet some time me and my brother had been watching some intense movies and thrillers were the kind of movies which fascinate us.If you asks us which are some noteworthy movies in it the list would surely include Seven,Fightclub,Zodiac.We have built a level of fascination towards David Fincher’s movies and we discuss about his works on a detailed manner.Curious case of Benjamin Button was expected by us over a year ,after we read about it in Wiki.

Some where I read “ You would grow Older when you see Benjamin grow young “ that’s the story of Curious case of Benjamin Button.Its a fairy tale of a man who ages in the reverse physically.He is born as a eighty year old child but when time goes by he becomes young.He grows in the care of Quinne a nurse of a oldage home.The movie goes as a narration as old age lady Daisy hears the diary of Benjamin read by her daughter.Daisy remains with Benjamin till his death to love him and take care of him.


Some times you don’t know how did things comes to creators so differently ,when I was watching this movie I was feeling the same.It was so different for me with the stages of life when Benjamin gets younger day by day physically and but some how we start getting curious about his make overs than his actual life.That was the one disappointment or the feeling I had when I watched this.I started concentrating more on the reception of Benjamin than his actual feelings.The best part part about the character is he never gets hidden and he never gets shy to actually fall in love.He is not like the guy we saw in Forrest Gump.But his emotions are close with the Forrest.Following his love Daisy when she meets with accident ,Living with her or meeting his father after years or the meeting of the Russian Lady tells the meaning of this abnormal guy.

Brad Pitt in a very composed role and Fincher makes great roles for him .” Look at you ,You are perfect “ Cate Blanchet says looking at the young Brad pitt and we wait for that moment from the beginning.The love between them is moving but it is also a piece of cinematic artifice.We have a magnificent performances from both of them which can make you forget the length of the movie too. A masterpiece show of Makeup and it deserves the Oscar it won! And spell bounding camera shows the time moving ahead of Benjamin.

Some what it tries to stick to the novelty and the dark moments of humour are underplayed with the philosophies of life taking the centerstage .The curiosity towards his life makes us experience what a human form could be on the unimaginable manner ,showing us we are born and we die as child,

David Fincher with out his usual intense thrillers and serial killers shows a different territory of his style ,I am not bothered about the reality but it’s a splendid movie in all sense for the characters and its presentation.One of the moving and touching movies which I experienced in the recent times.

Comments

Ashok said…
Interesting you say that about we kind of wait to see the "current Brad Pitt". I waited for it too but for different reasons of that timing in his life really makes a different to the rest. The film grew on me as it went by and it got so much time to do so.
Karthik said…
I accept that it had lots to do than the rest...But some how it went on a predictive note for me...I dont know why...But it cant be different than this also...
Sabhari Nath said…
Yep, although the concept was novel, the way it was handled was not typical David Fincher. Probably, it is because of the genre of his previous films that made me feel so.

One stroke of the genius director is the one when Brad Pitt narrates Cate Blanchett's accident. Ingenius!!!
Karthik said…
I accept and agree the previous darker movies would give u the feel but its a wonderful experience with this movie.
Nithy said…
The movie was too good for having got 'such a thought' of a short story - implemented through a appreciable screenplay.
For me when I read the plot initially - i could not imagine / was very curious to visualize it.

Personally felt that this curious case deserved an Oscar for the screenplay - nominated though!!!
Ganesh said…
A neat write up!! Not sure if you have watched, but I would recommend you to watch Dr. Brookes, which would definitely be in the lines of Seven, The CCBB or may be SAW
Karthik said…
thanks ganesh, I am glad u likeit.I dont understand why you compared with thrillers genre.
I will definitely watch dr.brookes and review it :)

Saw ?????? You must be joking with me to compare with the QUALITY OF SEVEN .Seven is a movie of substance and intensity come on ABOUT SAW ?????

Popular posts from this blog

5 Forgotten Tamil movies (70's 80's 90's) to watch during this lock down available in Youtube

Silambattam (2008)

Anantha Thandavam -The original Pirivom Sandhippom