My Name is Khan ( 2010 ) ***

After so much of hesitation I went for My Name is Khan first day ,with zero expectation on Karan Johar Movie.I have had lots of irritating melodramatic stuffs in his previous movies,especially with Kabhi kushi kabhi Gham.I hated his creation like any thing.But this one.Not bad at all.Its a descent watch with great performance from Sharukh Khan. Off late am I becoming lazy in writing reviews ,the question I have to ask my self because my friend is cribbing me that I have become lazy on writing on movies.I write about this movie after a week .Thats bad.After twitter ,facebook participation my comments have been swift to them but blog has been pushed to second level.I need to work on it atleast for good movies like MNIK.

MNIK is the Rizwhan Khaaan from Epiglottis ,a man who has a syndrome of Asperger,wants to meet president of USA to tell that his name is Khan and he is not a terrorist.He wants to prove that his family once he had was never responsible for any of the terrorist activity.Is Karan Johar making sense.I would totally agree.There was sense in this script with less of his usual la la la stuff and group dancing and that idiotic relationship dialogues.

Some how I used to think that Karan Johar is the Hindi version of our Vikraman for his BGM and dialogues he writes.But MNIK wins because of two things Sharukh and good piece of dialogues from Shibani Bhatija.There are moments you will feel “ wow “ for the dialogues.Its not the words as such but the situational meaning it puts across in the movie and for the subject.For example “there was initially BC ( Before Christ ) and AD ( After death ) now for us there is one more which after 9/11 and before 9/11” Very true every Muslim would tell this when they go the immigration check. The script boldly takes the script of harassment the Muslim community has been undergoing after 9/11,It’s a very emotional war which they undergo for the extra minutes which takes in the immigration just because they belong to Muslim community.Its the tough five minutes many would have faced for their names and appearances .But for what ? How much have changed their names,How much people have changed their appearances,it’s a long story.Movie puts across to lime light in a believable manner.You don’t have feel this guy is acting too smart for what Karan Johar had done.He has taken a real meaning which Kurban or Newyork didn’t do in a clear manner.

The movie moves like Forest Gump and the performance like Adam sandler ,you have to just take out that comparision to enjoy SRK’S performance.He sweeps the movie totally,he is magical and his blushing act when Kajol proposes to him for the marriage is an true example why he is a great actor.He is innocent,can crack puzzles,caring father, inquisitive and loving husband ,scared of moving objects,Helping hand,true human .This man has had a dream run with this movie ,I would definitely not agree if some body claims it’s a ordinary performance.Kajol’s presence itself is like a graced occasion. Her presence just confirms how important this movie is for SRK and Karan.Kajol is a magic when she is with SRK and it works still.Nothing can stop this pair on screen.Some of the support characters play a vital role in the movie for instance the Bhabi character,SRK mom .They tell you the crux of the movie through their dialogues and acts.

MNIK would definitely make you feel this movie is made with sincerity , Karan Johar has drawn lots of issues in to the movie and he has worked to look sleek and believable.Ravi K chandran’s every frame is fresh and songs of Shakar ehsaan loy is all kind of back ground stuff which actually is appreciable from KJ.MNIK should be watched for Rizwaan Khan and totally for the cause .I truly enjoyed the movie and go for it for Sharukh Khan .

Comments

honey said…
Hi Karthik,

I have expected that you will be giving lot'z of negative comments on this movie but i didn't find any.

I feel this movie is not for US... but for the people who live in US.

I also amazed to see that you didn't raised voice against the harricane episode in the movie :) and the most funniest part that Star news hindi in US channel...

These are just my 2cents to your review.. you have every rights on you review and thoughts :)

- Anil Kamsala
Karthik said…
Good to see u commenting ,And I have mentioned that the movie is like Forest Gumpish that say all..
i didnt have any thing negative as a whole in the movie
Anonymous said…
Not sure where to post this but I wanted to ask if anyone has heard of National Clicks?

Can someone help me find it?

Overheard some co-workers talking about it all week but didn't have time to ask so I thought I would post it here to see if someone could help me out.

Seems to be getting alot of buzz right now.

Thanks

Popular posts from this blog

5 Forgotten Tamil movies (70's 80's 90's) to watch during this lock down available in Youtube

Silambattam (2008)

Anantha Thandavam -The original Pirivom Sandhippom